- Projects with External Funds
- Current Dissertation Projects
- Finalized Dissertations
- Quantitative Economic Simulation Tools
- Projects with External Funds
- Research Areas until 2002
Back to mainpage
BW-GLOBAL-FOR - A global recursive-dynamic model for forest management and wood based products with a focus on Baden-Wuerttemberg
BW-GLOBAL-FOR aims at the application of state-of-art approaches in multi-commodity modeling to the the wood and forestry sector with a focus on Baden-Wurttemberg, depicting markets of forest and wood products and their interdependencies in space, time and between products, including innovative wood-based materials.
Documentation: Britz, W., Dees, M. and Walkiewicz, J. (2014): BW-GLOBAL-FOR model, a dynamic, spatial model for forest markets, model documentation, 33 pages
CAPRI modelling system
Operational since 1999, the CAPRI (Common Agricultural Policy Regionalized Impact) model was extended and improved by many projects, often with important contributions by our team. It is regularly used for the assessment of the Common Agricultural Policy, for the analysis of trade related to agriculture and food, and for Climate Change and agri-environmental related issues. It combines farm type or regionalized programming models for the agricultural sector and regionalized CGEs covering the EU, Norway, Turkey and Western Balkans with a spatial global Multi-Commodity model and a spatial down-scaling component to 1x1 km clusters for environmental assessment.
Documentation: Britz, W., Witzke, P. (editors): CAPRI model documentation 2012, 273 pages
LANA-HEBAMO - the Lake Naivasha Hydro-Economic Basin Model
Operational since 2012, LANA-HEBAMO simulates agricultural management, water use in agriculture and other sectors and the hydrology in the river basins feeding into lake Navaisha in Kenia. It was developed in the context of the DFG funded project "RCR - Resilience, Collapse and Reorganisation in Social-Ecological Systems of East- and South Africa's Savannahs" (DFG Research Unit (Forschergruppe) FOR 1501.
Documentation: Kuhn, A., van Oel, P. and F. Meins (2012): The Lake Naivasha Hydro-Economic Basin Model (LANA-HEBAMO) - A Technical Documentation. DFG Research Unit 1501, Sub-Project B2, Technical Paper 10/2012
Last updated: Thursday, January 05, 2017
- Economic Valuation of an Urban Lake Recreational Park: Case of Taman Tasik Cempaka in Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia Othman, J., Jafari, Y. (2019): Sustainability 11 (11)(3023): 15 pages.Heterogeneous impacts of neighbouring farm size on the decision to exit: evidence from Brittany Saint-Cyr, L. D. F., Storm, H., Heckelei, T., Piet, L. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics: Volume 46(2):237-266.Heterogeneous impacts of neighbouring farm size on the decision to exit: evidence from Brittany Saint-Cyr, L. D. F., Storm, H., Heckelei, T., Piet, L. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics: Volume 46(2):237-266.Conventionalization of Organic Farms in Germany: An Empirical Investigation Based on a Composite Indicator Approach Seidel, C., Heckelei, T., Lakner, S. (2019): Sustainability 11(10): 16 pages.The price of sanctions: An empirical analysis of German export losses due to the Russian agricultural ban Fedoseeva, S., Herrmann, R. (2019): Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics: 15 pages.
- The impacts to food consumers of a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Jafari, Y., Britz, W., Beckman, J. (2019): Bio-based and Appplied Economics 7(2).Coffee value chains on the move: Evidence in Ethiopia Minten, B., Dereje, M., Engida, E., Kuma, T. (2019): Evidence in Ethiopia, Food Policy 83: 370-383.Agricultural non-CO2 emission reduction potential in the context of the 1.5 °C target Frank, S., Havlik, P., Stehfest, E., van Meijl, H., Witzke, H.-P., Pèrez Dominguez, I., van Dijk, M., Doelman, J. C., Fellmann, T., Koopman, J. F. L., Tabeau, A., Valin, H. (2019): Nature Climate Change 9: 66-72.Effect of mineral fertilizer on rain water and radiation use efficiencies for maize yield and stover biomass productivity in Ethiopia Srivastava, A. K., Mboh, C. M., Gaiser, T., Kuhn, A., Engida, E., Ewert, F. (2019): Agricultural Systems 168: 88-100.Assessing Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security of the EU Food System—An Integrated Approach Zurek, M., Hebinck, A., Leip, A., Vervoort, J., Kuiper, M., Garrone, M., Havlik, P., Heckelei, T., Hornborg, S., Ingram, J. S., Kuijsten, A., Shutes, L., Geleijnse, J. M., Terluin, I., van´t Veer, P., Wijnands, J., Zimmermann, A., Achterbosch, T. (2018): Sustainability 10(11)(4271): pp. 1-16.Explaining farm structural change in the European agriculture: a novel analytical framework Neuenfeldt, S., Gocht, A., Heckelei, T., Ciaian, P. (2018): European Review of Agricultural Economics jby037: pp. 1-56.